Monday, November 17, 2008

Two more reasons to love The New York Times


There were two articles in today’s New York Times that reminded me why I like that paper so much. NCIS has been one of my favorite shows for a couple years now, and I never feel like it gets the credit it deserves. Well, that seems to be changing this season. There have been several articles and features about it over the last month or so, including this one from today’s New York Times. It put the show’s success in context, and talks a little bit about what makes it so great.

And with “Twilight” opening on Friday, it’s a perfect time for an article about my favorite vampire, Robert Pattinson. The article talks about the chaos that ensues as he makes mall appearances to promote the film. My favorite part of the article is when the author talks about a t-shirt one of the fans was wearing:


“I never got my letter from Hogwarts,” the front said, and on the back it continued, “So I am moving to Forks to live with the Cullens.”


Brilliant. I think I may have to steal that and put it on a shirt to wear to opening night.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I read that Robert Pattinson article too and it was interesting, but scary. I find that in general, Twilight fans scare me more than Harry Potter fans. I didn't know that he was going to be at the Apple Store in Soho, which is a block from where I work, but I'm sure people were camped out there so I probably wouldn't have gotten in anyway.