Monday, November 3, 2008

My favorites from The Times-News

I have been a freelance writer for The Times-News, the daily newspaper in Twin Falls, Idaho, for over a year now. My family and friends are always asking me what kind of articles keep me so busy, so here are links to some of my favorite pieces— in no particular order.

Here’s a story about a music scholarship program started by local comedian and musician Danny Marona.

This is one of my news pieces about a group of parents who were denied the opportunity to speak at a local school board meeting.

Everyone knows I enjoy a good musical, so I had a great time hanging out at rehearsals for a local production of “Titanic.”

This story is about a student-led theater group and their production of “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown.”

Ever been owl watching? I hadn’t until I went out with a local bird watching group for this story.

This was a fun story to report. It’s about a man leading a wagon train from Montpellier, Idaho to Nampa, Idaho.

A local community theater group did a production of “The Laramie Project” this summer, and it was very timely for our community.

Director Rocco DeVilliers, who grew up in Twin Falls, recently brought his film “The Flyboys” to the local movie theater.

No comments: